“ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.”
Matthew 5: 43 – 45
Since 2015 the Ceylon Bible Society had been conducting the programme called Healing the Wounds of Trauma for the people who are suffering from unhealed war trauma, current losses and grief and broken relationships and domestic abuse. The aim of this programme is to help the church to be a place of healing by training church leaders to help their people.
This programme was organized by the Ceylon Bible Society on Saturday, 17th of November 2018 from 8.30 am – 3.00 pm at the Ceylon Bible Society Auditorium for the designated facilitators of this programme those who are involved in the Trauma Healing ministry in Sri Lanka. Almost 90 people representing different regions, different culture and different denominational Churches attended this programme.
It was a great pleasure to the Ceylon Bible Society that many heads of denominational Churches and representatives also attended in this programme and got an exposure of the objectives of organizing this programme. The representatives were from Roman Catholic Church, Church of American Ceylon Mission, Anglican Church, Christian Reformed Church & Margaya fellowship Church. Former General Secretary, Current president and the General Secretary of the Ceylon Bible Society actively participated in each session in this programme.
The main Facilitators those who conducted this programme are
- Rev. Fr. Claude N Nonis, Master Facilitator of HWOT Children, Training facilitator in HWOT Classic and the director- Archdiocesan Family Apostolate,
- Mrs. Dileeni Abraham, Master facilitator in HWOT Classic
- Mrs. Pathmaseelie Gunetilake, Master Facilitator HWOT Children and Healing group facilitator in HWOT Classic.
- Mr. Romulas Fernando , Apprentice facilitator in HWOT Classic.
- During the programme participants got the opportunity to learn below mentioned topics and lessons. Those are as follows: –
- Lessons of Living as Christian in the midst of Conflict & Helping to bring reconciliation
- Lesson Plan, Practical aspects & Three principles of wellbeing were thought to the participants
- Few participants shared their personal testimonies & personal experiences in conducting HWOT programems with the audience.
The closing Prayer end with a Commitment given by the participants along with their Action plans.